[Zope] Question on __roles__

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
4 Jan 2001 15:03:31 +0100

Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> said:
>> As this is such a core piece of Zope, it seems quite unlikely to me
>> that I found a bug here (although an older version of ZPublisher does
>> check object instead of subobject). The only thing I can think of is
>> that Acquisition should work for the getattr() and somehow I managed
>> to disable Acquisition on these instances.
>
>This sounds like a bug to me. I've had very similar problems to this
>with Squishdot.

An extra data point: it really seems to be a bug. I've applied the patch
to our servers (development and production), and the only different behavior
I can see is that a folder that is protected by a mysqlUserFolder acl_users
now denies be access when trying to access the folder, instead of trying
to access one of the objects within the folder. And that seems to be
better behavior to me, too.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>