[Zope] PoPy Problems

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:02:39 -0500

Linux 6.2, Zope 2.2.4, PostgreSQL 7.0.3, PoPy 1.4.1, ZPoPyDA 0.7.0

I installed the PoPy module and at the Python command line can
"import PoPy' with no problems. I then untarred the ZPoPyDA and
restarted Zope at which point I get (in the Zope management screen).

ZPoPyDA Import Traceback

Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 397, in
import_products
     product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
   File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPoPyDA/__init__.py", line 32, in ?
     import sys, os, Globals, DA
   File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPoPyDA/DA.py", line 35, in ?
     from PoPy_db import DB
   File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPoPyDA/PoPy_db.py", line 35, in ?
     raise "The PoPy module is not installed"
The PoPy module is not installed

There is really no more instructions on the site, in the INSTALL or README.

If have installed and worked with ZPygreSQL before but was under the
impression that it did not work with the newer versions of Zope and
Postgresql.

Thanks,