[Zope] ODBC errors

Doug Brewer dbrewer@insightpd.com
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:41:19 -0600

Hello

I'm relatively new to Zope, and have been working on getting mySql connected via
ZODBC on Win2k. The connection is working, however, I have one column which
repeatedly throws an error when I try to access data. The column contains text
with many "\n" to retain formatting for email messages (it's an archive).

The error seems to be from the ODBC driver:

Error, sql.error: ('24000', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid cursor
state')

however I can successfully access values from this column directly from the
mysql console AND through the exact same datasource used by zope but from other
apps (I used Excel as a test, and successfully returned data). IOW, only Zope
produces this error.

Any thoughts or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Brewer