[Zope] Caching/http-acceleration and proxying Zope-served content

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 14:09:17 +0000

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:31:35 +0100 (CET), Peter Sabaini
<sabaini@niil.at> wrote:

>actually i use a combination of squid / apache because i need some
>re-writing, you could as well use squid for caching and apache for
>(name-based) virtual hosting. this of course introduces additional
>latency, but this shouldnt be a problem if your objects are fairly
>cacheable, ie. most content would be served out of squid anyway.

That's an interesting configuration. For a while Ive been considering
a solution based on longer-than-usual chains of http proxies, and a
"do one thing well" principal. In my case:

Apache (for rewriting and SSL)
  -> Squid accelerator
       -> A custom load-balancing redirector
            -> Multiple Zopes

Have you had any significant latency, or other problems?

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com