[Zope] Tux & Zope?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno.de
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:02:50 +0100

> Are you sure Tux will help in conjunction with Zope ? AFAIK Tux can only
> handle static html pages and nothing more. Any request to dynamic pages
> (and I wold consider any Zope powered system being 100% dynamic) has to
> be passed to another (user-level) webserver. So IMHO in the case of Zope
> this would be no improvement at all.
>
> But that's just my thoughts, please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Yes, Tux can only serve static content, but images in dynamically created
HTML pages behave exactly the same as images in static web sites. How should
the web browser know that a page was served by a dynamic server? It gets
every single image by sending a new HTTP request. So of course the images
(and all other static stuff like sound files, PDF documents etc.) can be
served by Tux after the corresponding HTML page was served by Zope!

Cheers,

Joachim.