[Zope] What's up with MySQL and Zope?

paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:11:40 -0600

Why? I don't know, but here's what I did (still not 100% successfully so
user beware).

Use MySQLDA (a Zope Product) and MySQL-python (not a Zope Product, but a
helper python module). The most painless way to get them installed (on
Linux) is from RPMs at

ftp://ftp.logicetc.com/pub/Zope/RPMS/MySQL-python-0.2.1-1.i386.rpm
ftp://ftp.logicetc.com/pub/Zope/RPMS/Zope-ZMySQLDA-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm

There may be some other rpm dependencies such mysql-devel and python-devel
that if you don't have handy, you can find at http://www.rpmfind.net

Some follow-up threads that will likely contain critical information (some
reconstruction may be necessary if the following lengthy links are
word-wrapped in your email reader):

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/Main/BB05A28ADA1495338025691800352554?OpenDocument&mode=subject&topic

[Zope]TroublecompilingZMySQLDA

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/Main/A74B8510060DD824802568A10006DDC4?OpenDocument&mode=subject&topic

[Zope]problemconnectingtomysql

Your point about this being complicated is valid. I am on day three of
trying to make it work myself. The Howtos on http://www.zope.org are
out-of-date. Some Zope guru out there should cook up a current Howto for us
pathetic newbies (hint, hint).