[Zope] multiple unknown parameters -> ZSQL

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:24:42 -0500

this could be done in python in either an external method or python
script/method. you can execute arbitrary SQL (which you would dynamically
generate in python) on a database connection using the "query" method that
is part of every database adapter.

you need to

- get a handle to your database connection by *calling* the database
connection you have in your ZODB, like "db_conn = self.mydbconnection()"

- once you have constructed the string carrying the SQL for one update
statement you can pass it as argumant to the query method on the database
connection, like "result = db_conn.query(sql_string)"

looking at that page you put up you will have to create a SQL string for
every student shown on the page and pick the correct variables from REQUEST
for the SQL update statement.

jens