[Zope] Downloading All Zope products

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:17:16 -0500

Jerome Alet wrote:

> I've decided to do something to solve this problem, so I've created the
> "Zope Complete Products List for easy batch download".
>
> You can find it at http://www.zope.org/Members/jerome/ZCPL
>
> This document dynamically lists all available Zope products (from
> zope.org) and for every product put one and a single link to its latest
> version archive.

This is not a dreadful thing, but how is it different from:

http://www.zope.org/Products/all_products?batch_size%3Aint%3Arequired=265

> It also explains how to download all Zope products available in
> one Wget run, but please consider not making this an habit because the DC
> folks don't seem to like that (see http://www.zope.org/robots.txt).

What I don't like is people using wget to suck the entire site and then
hitting (for example) the "tree" version of the Zope Quick Reference and
expanding *every single node*.

--
-mindlace-
Zopatista Community Liason