[Zope] RE: SQL Method, dtml-with and namespace weirdness

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 00:17:45 +0100 (CET)

Mayers, Philip J writes:
 > To recap: two SQL method returning [different] (name,domain) are used like
 > this:
 >
 > <dtml-in SQL_method1>
 >   <P>&dtml-name;</P>      - POINT A
 >   <P>&dtml-domain;</P>
 >   <dtml-in SQL_method2>
 >     <P>&dtml-name;</P>    - POINT B
 >     <P>&dtml-domain;</P>
 >     <dtml-with aFolder>
 >       <P>&dtml-name;</P>  - POINT C
 >       <P>&dtml-domain;</P>
 >     </dtml-with>
 >   </dtml-in>
 > </dtml-in>
 >
 > This will print:
 >
 > name1
 > domain1
 >
 > name2
 > domain2
 >
 > name1
 > domain1
 >
 > That is: *inside* the dtml-with, the variables "name" and "domain" appear to
 > be reset to their values in the *outer* dtml-in tag, not the innermost. This
 > *only* happens if both SQL methods return variables named the same, and it
 > *only* affects those two variables (so, I can work around it). Is this
 > expected behaviour?
Now, that is a nice problem description.

The only rational explanation would be that your
"aFolder" magically has access to "name" and "domain" that
happen to have values "name1" and "domain1".

Dieter