[Zope] OpenBSD 2.8 woes

Jan Muenther jan@radio.hundert6.de
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:37:37 +0000

Hello folks,

first of all, I've installed Zope on my FreeBSD workstation (from
the ports) and I love it. I can't really do anything productive
yet ;o)), but the potential and power of the program's clear to
me.

Now, after talking to my boss, I plan to set up the relaunch of
our website to be based on Zope. As OS I'd like to pick OpenBSD,
since it's nice, fast and secure and I generally have an
affection towards xBSDs....

However, after installing the Python packages that comes shipped
with the OpenBSD 2.8 CDs, the Zope installation script runs
nicely, but when I try and access the management screen, I only
see LOADS of error messages:

          Zope Error

          Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
resource.

          Error Type: ParserError
          Error Value: Expected node type 12, got 312.

Could anybody enlighten me??? I don't know Python (yet), so the
tracebacks are not too informative for me ...

Cheers,

Jan

--
Radio HUNDERT,6 Medien GmbH Berlin