[Zope] ZClasses meet PythonScripts, sample request

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:20:01 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

I'm looking forward to using some PythonScripts as methods of some ZClasses
because it seems like a much cleaner way to do things. I wonder if one of
the PythonScript gurus out there would be willing to show an example of two
presumably common PythonScript/ZClass tasks: processing changes to a
property sheet using form input and deleting a ZClass instance.

Let's say we've got a ZClass for keeping track of a CD collection. (I recall
seeing that example in a ZClass How-To.) Let's say the ZClass has a property
sheet called 'cd_info' with the following properties:

title (string)
artist (string)
date_purchased (date)

(for extra credit, add a 'songs' property of type 'lines' :-)

Is that enough info? Anybody want to take a crack at this? (This would
surely be good info to put at zope.org somewhere.)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/