[Zope] Calling other frames

Etienne Labuschagne etiennel@geospace.co.za
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:49:27 +0200

Hi there

I have a navigation/sitemap object that shows the user where he is in the
website at the current moment.  I want this object eg. to sit in the left
frame.  This object must update every time the main (right) frame updates to
reflect the position of the right frame.  The website can be navigated both
from this navigation/sitemap object or from links inside the website itself.
Thus, the object must also update itself even if it is not used as the means
to navigate the site.

How do I "talk" to objects in other frames? Or is there a better way to do
this?

I know that this can probably be done with Javascript, but would prefer to
use Zope as far as I can.

Thanks!
Etienne

Tel: (012) 348 4586