[Zope] Can't access Control_Panel from folder with SiteRoot

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:59:40 +1100

Hi,

I use Apache's ProxyPass to access a site in a Zope folder. The
VirtualHost directive contains:

<VirtualHost 10.0.1.21:80>
     ServerName MySite
     ProxyPass / http://10.0.1.20:8080/MySite/
     ProxyPassReverse / http://10.0.1.20:8080/MySite/
     ProxyPass /misc_ http://10.0.1.20:8080/misc_
     ProxyPass /p_ http://10.0.1.20:8080/p_
</VirtualHost>

The MySite folder contains a SiteRoot with base = 'http://10.0.1.21'
and path = '/'.

I have a method that accesses properties stored in a Common Instance
property sheet of a ZClass:

   <dtml-var
"Control_Panel.Products.MyProduct.MyZClass.propertysheets.common.Constants.getProperty('my_property')">

This works using http://10.0.1.20:8080/MySite/myMethod, but fails
with NameError: Control_Panel when called using
http://10.0.1.21/myMethod.

In fact, even a very simple <dtml-var Control_Panel> fails in the same way.

Why is this happening? How can I get around it?

Itai
--
Itai Tavor                    "Je sautille, donc je suis."
C3Works    itai@c3works.com              - Kermit the Frog

"If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"