[Zope] How do I authenticate through pcgi and win2000 ????

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:21:00 +0100 (CET)

Max M writes:
 > I just wondered if there is an "AUTHENTICATED_USER.authenticate(userName,
 > password)" that I could call from a form. And then bypass all that IIS mumbo
 > jumbo completely.
 >
 > Guess I will have to dig the sources.
I fear, you will not have much success with this.

You will habe been rejected ("Unauthorized") before you have
any chance to do something in the request.

Furtunately, there is an easy solution: Use a cookie based user folder.

As IIS almost surely will pass cookies, you have won.

Only problem: people like me do not trust cookies and
may have disabled them.
For such people, there will be no way to log in into your site.

Dieter