[Zope] In desparate need of some help

alankirk alankirk@genie.co.uk
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:40:21 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C08015.B0A8E0A0

  Hi there, i am new to zope and i'm in need of some help. I'm using =
zope as part of my final year project for university. I am using zope =
with a database i've constructed using MySQL. I've been having trouble =
sending queries to MySQL for data from the tables in the DB, instead of =
the required data i get an error message window appear and my python =
server crashes(which is running on my machine, by the way i'm using =
version 2.2.2 of zope on windows ME). Somethimes the error message is =
blank, other times it's PYTHON15.DLL or MYSQL.DLL when it crashes. Also =
when i submit a query to add data to a table zope returns what appears =
to be a error message in my browser, which the zope control panel is =
using, but the data is still added to my DB table.
When submitting a query to extract data, if my python server doesn't =
crash, zope returns the following:
Error, MySQL.error: have an error in your SQL syntax near ' '', '', '', =
2000 )' at line 3=20
-------
SQL used:

SELECT * FROM songdetails
WHERE(
     '',
     '',
     '',
     '',
     2000
     )

I'd be most grateful if you could provide some answers to any of these =
probelms as soon as you can. Even if you don't know if you could point =
me in the direction of someone who does.

Cheers

Alan=20

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C08015.B0A8E0A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;Hi there, i am new to zope =
and i'm in=20
need of some help. I'm using zope as part of my final year project for=20
university. I am using zope with a database i've constructed using =
MySQL. I've=20
been having trouble sending queries to MySQL for data from the tables in =
the DB,=20
instead of the required data i get an error message window appear and my =
python=20
server crashes(which is running on my machine, by the way i'm using =
version=20
2.2.2 of zope on windows ME). Somethimes the error message is blank, =
other times=20
it's PYTHON15.DLL or MYSQL.DLL when it crashes. Also when i submit a =
query to=20
add&nbsp;data to a table&nbsp;zope returns what appears to be a error =
message in=20
my browser, which the zope control panel is using, but the data is still =
added=20
to my DB table.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When submitting a query to extract =
data, if my=20
python server doesn't crash, zope returns the following:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Error, <EM>MySQL.error</EM>:</STRONG> have an error in your =
SQL=20
syntax near ' '', '', '', 2000 )' at line 3=20
<HR>
<STRONG>SQL used:</STRONG><BR><PRE>SELECT * FROM songdetails
WHERE(
     '',
     '',
     '',
     '',
     2000
     )
</PRE></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'd be most grateful if you could =
provide some=20
answers to any of these probelms as soon as you can. Even if you don't =
know if=20
you could point me in the direction of someone who does.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alan </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C08015.B0A8E0A0--