[Zope] In desparate need of some help

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:55:15 -0800

Not sure why you're crashing but your SQL looks incorrect and incomplete. It
should be something more like:

select * from songdetails
where
    some_field='' and
    some_other_field = 2000
;

Hope this helps,
--jfarr

----- Original Message -----
From: "alankirk" <alankirk@genie.co.uk>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 3:40 PM
Subject: [Zope] In desparate need of some help

  Hi there, i am new to zope and i'm in need of some help. I'm using zope as
part of my final year project for university. I am using zope with a database
i've constructed using MySQL. I've been having trouble sending queries to MySQL
for data from the tables in the DB, instead of the required data i get an error
message window appear and my python server crashes(which is running on my
machine, by the way i'm using version 2.2.2 of zope on windows ME). Somethimes
the error message is blank, other times it's PYTHON15.DLL or MYSQL.DLL when it
crashes. Also when i submit a query to add data to a table zope returns what
appears to be a error message in my browser, which the zope control panel is
using, but the data is still added to my DB table.
When submitting a query to extract data, if my python server doesn't crash, zope
returns the following:
Error, MySQL.error: have an error in your SQL syntax near ' '', '', '', 2000 )'
at line 3
SQL used:

SELECT * FROM songdetails
WHERE(
     '',
     '',
     '',
     '',
     2000
     )

I'd be most grateful if you could provide some answers to any of these probelms
as soon as you can. Even if you don't know if you could point me in the
direction of someone who does.

Cheers

Alan