[Zope] Zope Versus Enhydra Comparison article

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 01:46:48 -0600

Paul Browning wrote:

> Zope and Enhydra Comparison by Paul Gresham, CEO/CTO, MediaVisual

> The main
> reason behind using Enhydra on our most critical product to date, was
> that we knew we could do it with servlets, and that worst case, and
> given the structure of enhydra, we knew we could code our way out of any
> problems. Using Zope we knew that we would reach situations which may be
> unresolvable in the short term, and could not make significant business
> decisions with so many unknown factors and lack of any way to circumvent
> problems. The upshot is that our Zope projects were rather painful and
> Enhydra ones wore out our keyboards with so much code."

So, in summary. They didn't know Python, but did know that if
they wrote enough Java they could solve a problem? <s>

> The second sentence is perhaps a candidate for
> http://dna.yi.org/Zope/Quotes. Maybe a North American
> reader could confirm that "valorizes" means what I
> think it means ;-)

I suspect it is a mis-typed word for "vaporizes".

Otherwise you get to choose:

1.To establish and maintain the price of (a commodity) by
governmental action.
2.To give or assign a value to: "The prophets valorized history"
(Mircea Eliade).

-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://www.FreePM.com Office:
(901) 884-4126
"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the
People fear
the Government, that is tyranny." ~~ Thomas Jefferson