[Zope] How to list objects across different containers in Zop e's tree?

James Sintz jsintz@ohiohistory.org
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:46:17 -0500

Ausum,

It may be time to re-think your site structure. I have a news type site as
well and here is how I handle it (my way... not saying it is by any means
the best or right way).

Instead of storing your news items in a series of folderish objects, maybe
create folders for each section and then create a news item ZClass with the
article date or goLiveDate as the ID.

zopesite:8080/sports/2000.10.17/newsobjectid_htm

Then do some dtml to pull out the ones you want on the main
"sport/thislist_htm" page.
Better yet use ZCatalog to search for the range of news items you want to
appear in the list.

Hope this helps!!

Jamey Sintz