[Zope] How to backup Zope data base?

Marty Stitt marty.stitt@esker.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:02:06 -0600

> > What is the best way to backup Zope's database whithout stopping Zope?  When
>
>    Pack + backup Data.fs.old.

Interesting approach!

While this topic of backup has come up, I'm wondering about restore.

Looking at Data.* files in the var directory, I see:

  Data.fs
  Data.fs.index
  Data.fs.old
  Data.fs.in
  Data.fs.lock
  Data.fs.tmp

If I need or want to implant a Data.fs file into a system, either to restore a
system from corruption, or to copy my working information from my office
system to my home system (and visa versa), I suspect that I should also delete
the .index, .lock, and .tmp files.  Regarding the .in file, I believe it must
remain.  But, these are just hunches I have.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Thanks in advance.

--
Martin Stitt
Chief Software Engineer