[Zope] How to backup Zope data base?

Marty Stitt marty.stitt@esker.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:01:24 -0600

>    This is the real database file.
>
> >   Data.fs.index
>
>    Its index. Remove before replacing Data.fs.
>
> >   Data.fs.old
>
>    This is backup after Pack.
>
> >   Data.fs.in
>
>    This is initial Data.fs - installation process copy this into Data.fs
> before starting Zope for the first time.
>
> >   Data.fs.lock
> >   Data.fs.tmp
>
>    Temporary files. Feel free to remove them when Zope is not running.

Thanks for clarify that.

FYI: I once had a situation where Zope wouldn't start due to corrupted data.
But, when I copied the Data.fs file to another installation, everything worked
fine.
When I tried putting a Data.fs from a fresh installation in place of the
corrupted one, Zope still wouldn't start.  I finally discovered that deleting
the .index file was what it took.