[Zope] Burning pages

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:00:46 -0500

Vincent Stoessel wrote:
> can Zope pages be exported as html pages. I want to burn some pages out
> that do not change often and thus do not need to be dynamic.

May I suggest that you set up long-term caching instead?  That way you
get to retain the manageability of Zope while not consuming processor
resources or bandwidth.

Zope 2.3 has a new cache management architecture designed just for
this.  Create an "Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager" object and associate
pages and images with it.  Then set up Squid or Apache in front of
Zope.  You should be able to get as good or better performance than a
static pages solution.

Shane