[Zope] ZSQL, Python methods and XMLRPC

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers@ic.ac.uk
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:37:24 -0000

I've three questions (but I'm making progress!):

1) In 2.2.5, how can I call a ZSQL method from a Python Method - I'm passing
the method in as a parameter, and the furthest I get says "__call__ not
defined".

Do PythonScripts obivate the need for this? I assume I can just do this:

for record in context.folder.subfolder.SQL_method(val1='a',val2='b'):
    # do stuff

Does that work?

2) When calling a DTML method over XMLRPC, <dtml-in
"SQL_method(username=AUTHENTICATED_USER)"> doesn't work, but <dtml-in
"SQL_method(username=REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER)"> does. Why?

3) Why aren't record values (the return of an SQL method) marshallable over
XMLRPC. I get this:

cannot marshal <extension class ExtensionClass at 70356ff4> objects

Regards,
Phil