[Zope] Re: connecting mysql db from zope

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:00:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, jacintha menezes wrote:

> hi,
>      AS you said i installed MySQLbd-0.3.0 & ZMySQLDA-2.0.2 . When i started
> Zope it gave the following error.What more do we have to  do ?.Please help.
>   File /zope/zope-linux/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py, line 89, in ?
> ImportError: No module named _mysql

If you really have MySQLdb-0.3.0 installed, Zope can't find it. If you do
a standard installation (python setup.py install), it should install it in
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages (typically).

>   File lib/python/Products/ZSolidDA/db.py, line 99, in ?
> ImportError: No module named sql

See, you have the same problem for the ZSolidDA. I would suggest modifying
z2.py to print sys.path shortly after importing sys. This will tell you
where python is looking for modules. If MySQLdb is not installed in one of
those directories, that is your problem.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy