[Zope] Re: "Find" broken in 2.2.2

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:37:23 -0500

Hi Ty,

The find machinery searches subobjects for the method
'PrincipiaSearchSource' on each object it finds in the hierarchy... DTML
Methods and Documents, PythonScripts, and (believe it or not) database
adapters support this method, but no other core objects do.  This is
probably why it's returning unhelpful results.  If you define a
PrincipiaSearchSource method on the objects you're looking to search, maybe
the results will be better.

The find machinery needs work.  ;-)

PS - FYI:  your "newsgroup" setup makes replying to your messages kind of
difficult... although it's probably because I'm using a dumb email client.
I generally can't respond to your messages, I need to send new ones.