[Zope] RE: Workflow and document management system in Zope

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:11:45 -0500 (EST)

   Thanks for the interesting URLs on workflow discussions.

   Corba Ecommerce has very interesting and thorough models of workflows,
   including UML diagrams and even an XML format for defining state machines.

   Sorry, this may be old news as I don't have time to follow up the actual
   threads
   beyond the first messages.

   But if not, anyone designing such a system for Zope *must* study the Corba
   stuff.

   Email me direct if the URLs haven't been published in the discussions and
   I'll be happy to dig them up (hard to find within www.omg.org). Or, (easier
   for
   me), I can email the (large) .pdf files direct.

I also know that WfMC (Workflow Management Coalition, www.wfmc.org)
has adopted many of OMG's workflow concepts in the past. I am not
sure if what you are referring to is recent new development by OMG.

For a diagram of WfMC's workflow reference model see the diagrams at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/aboulang

Regards,
Albert Boulanger
vPatch Technologies