[Zope] Tools used for programming Zope

Mario Valente mvalente@ruido-visual.pt
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:01:14 +0000

At 09:49 1/19/01 +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>On Thursday 18 January 2001, at 18 h 40, the keyboard of Gerald Gutierrez
><pozix@home.com> wrote:
>
>> Frankly, I'm a little surprised that this isn't a problem for more people,
>> given the drawbacks of having to give up many of the existing tools,
having
>> the application server only be able to export in a proprietary format, and
>> being bound to the application server for so many development-related
>> tasks. It's impossible to do a simple grep through the code, for example
>
>I agree it is one of the MAIN problems with Zope. You have my support. A
good way to have a read-write (at least a readonly) view of the ZODB would
change things a lot.

  I think that a good way would be to have a new Storage available: something
 that stored ZODB using the actual filesystem (directories, files, etc).

  A headstart is available at http://www.ppetru.net/software/index.html (
Directory
 Storage).

  If only it worked..... :-(