[Zope] Re: patch for python configure for freeBSD and Zope

matt matt@virtualspectator.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:26:11 +1300

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Chris Watson wrote:
> > Hi, I'm using  freeBSD 4.2-RELEASE and just tried to install python-1.5.2 and
> > Zope.  If you are trying to do the same and tun into the following error when
> > trying to start zope, then apply this patch to the configure script of python
> > and rebuild it.
> >
> > ImportError: ./ExtensionClass.so: Undefined symbol "PyMethod_Type"
>
> Matt,
>
> 	Is this an error in the port itself of python? Python 2.0 is in
> ports as well as zope. If there is a problem with either port can you give
> more detail so the apropriate maintainer can be notified. Thanks!

Sorry, to be more explicit :
I built python 1.5.2 and Zope 2.2.2 from source, although the most recent
stable release of Zope also gave the same error.

I did not use the ports distribution of python or zope, so I don't know if
the same default configure script is used by them too.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Matt