[Zope] ActiveState on Zope.org

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:32:29 +0100

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 12:35:53AM -0800, Jason C. Leach wrote:
> I'm kind of surprised that Active State has such a big promo on Zope.org's
> site considering they use IIS; and considering the blurb talks about how
> much they do for Open Source.

If you read the case study, you'll see that they use Zope extensively for
their mailing list archives, their documentation and the CPAN info server.

ActiveState, like many companies (Greenpeace springs to mind) is using
Zope to build new sites. Existing websites often have cost lots of time
and money to build, not everyone is ready to immediatly dump the existing
code for something else, however much better.

And if you browse the ActiveState site some more, you'll see what they do
for OSS. Who says that an OSS shop needs to run exclusively on OSS or has
no right to sell software solutions? We at Digital Creations also use
Windows NT and other commercial software, and our services also come with
a price tag.

--
Martijn Pieters