[Zope] Numeric Entries in Catalog Search

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:09:27 -0600

Just to clarify. Chris W's comment that the vocabulary strips out
the digits.

It seems to only do so when there is no other characters adjacent
in the property.
If there are alphabetic characters but separated by whitespace it
will remove the digits. If they are separated by a hyphen it will
not remove the digits but will remove the hyphen. Also in my case
of the DOB it removes the '/' separating the elements.

So, my kludge until something better comes along will be to store
a character on the frontend of the string.
Strip it off before display. Add it to the element for searching.

Better ideas?

-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://www.FreePM.com Office:
(901) 884-4126
"Nearly everyone will lie to you given the  right
circumstances."
- Bill Clinton