[Zope] [voipiri: Re: [Zope] Opensource DBMS for WIN?]

Riku Voipio Riku.Voipio@tietoenator.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:18:42 +0200

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

too fast typing - ment this to the list...
--
Riku Voipio
riku.voipio@tietoenator.com
09-862 60764

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:23:43 +0200
To: Paul Zwarts <paul.zwarts@oratrix.com>
Subject: Re: [Zope] Opensource DBMS for WIN?

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 10:35:11AM +0100, Paul Zwarts wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Was wondering if there was an open source dbms to use with Zope on a
> Win2k machine...? I found references of using cygwin to run PGSQL (which
> we have on our unixbox) but would prefer something that doesnt run over
> an extender-shell...

Uh, why bother?

postgres / mysql are desgned to be run under unixen, running them on
Win will always be a hack.

It will probably be easier to install the Linux OS and Posgres on
the win2k machine than to install posgres/mysql on win2k.

all respectable distributions carry postgres _as part_ of
the distrubuition.