[Zope] Getting access to python methods of some product

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@mail2.phd.pp.ru>
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:54:12 +0300 (MSK)

Hi!

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Ivan Somov wrote:
>   How I can use method, stored in a ".py" file of some product, and send
> some parameters to that method?

   I think, you can just acquire the method (if it is in the ZODB and is
acquirable).

>   I want to create an instance of ExtImage product programmatically,
>  but have a troubles doing it..

   Ah, that worse - you need a constructor, not an ordinary method. Not
sure how to call it. Probably, you need to import that .py, call the
constructor, get an object in return, and then _setObject somewhere into
ZODB.

   (Why not to try to ask the question in the Russian Python & Zope Mailing
List? :)

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru