[Zope] Zope 2.3.0b2 bug #2

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:03:11 +0100 (CET)

Oleg Broytmann writes:
 > On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Oleg Broytmann writes:
 > >  >    Hm, will you fix my browser, too? I am using Netscape for Linux, don't
 > >  > know how well it plays with Unicode. I suppose it plays bad :(
 > > We use Netscape (4.5, 4.7; Linux, Windows) with "charset=utf-8" and
 > > it handles it well.
 >
 >    Good news, thanks. Are there (free) Unicode fonts for X? What should I
 > do if I want to save an HTML to disk? (I want plain text, of course, in my
 > preferred encoding... probably need to write Unicode-to-koi8 converter)
I installed SuSE Linux 7.0 and the Unicode fonts are apparently there
without any special actions from my side.

I do not know, however, how complete they are.
Usually, we work with Latin-1 only, sometimes with Greek.
But I saw also Japanese or Chinese characters on my screen
(without being able to verify that they were correct).

I did not yet try to save UTF-8 encoded HTML files to disk,
but I am sure, there will be stored binary, i.e. in UTF-8
encoding.

Dieter