[Zope] Some help required but no sarcastic comments this time please

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 22:03:07 -0700

Phil Harris wrote:

> Alan,
>
> So what are the errors, are there any tracebacks, does the thing your trying
> to do work when outside of Zope?
>
> What version of MySQL is it?
>
> Can you run any queries, or is it one particular query?
>
> What versions of the MySQLDB and MySQLDA are you using?
>
> Answering some/all of these questions will get you closer to an answer.

Agreed

> I can give you some hope though.  I have a Zope+MySQL site that has been
> running non-stop for about 7-8 months with no problems at all, so it can be
> done.
>
> One final note, the people on the list are, as I'm sure you are, busy people.
>  They do their best to help and generally do.  Some posts slip through the
> net though, I wouldn't take offence at not getting answered.

I would add that many of us (specially the more busy ones) ignore posts in
HTML, so posting in plain text is very helpful. Just thought I'd help you
to get help quicker. :)

Bill

PS. I skipped the request for help because I don't use MySQl, and thus
wouldn't be able to help much, if any. ;^)=