[Zope] Q's about Zope security model tweaking

J B Bell cipher@redback.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:01:34 -0800

I'd like to make a 'fallback' authorization scheme for Zope.  That is:

If user does not exist in usual UserFolder, then
authenticate against custom module (NIS, in this case)
and give them Anonymous privileges.

I want to do authentication for a whole subset of the site (indeed, its
entire public face really), but don't want a huge userfolder build from NIS.
nisUserFolder doesn't seem like the right solution since I only want to use
nis if they don't auth in the customary fashion.

Can anyone give me some general pointers on this admittedly broad topic?

--JB