[Zope] How to prevent the user from going

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:31:26 -0600

Netscape and Mozilla create make new HTTP requests when a user asks to view
source or print.  This drives me nuts.  I want to see source of the page I'm
looking at.  If there are any Moz or NS people on the list, please enlighten
us to the reasoning behind this behavior.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: rlanham@speakeasy.net [mailto:rlanham@speakeasy.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 3:51 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] How to prevent the user from going

These lines, at least as group, ought only be used on process only pages.
Never on page that an application stops on and renders to a browser.
In addition to these lines, I always make it a practice to do DB or file
system processes on a page that I post to, that includes the lines below,
and when done, redirect with querystring variables to the calling page.
This way the user can click refresh and back all day and you won't get
dupes or constraint errors, etc.