[Zope] New User: Documentation + Information

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:07:19 -0500

Until the ORelly book is out, my offline suggestion is go to the online Zope
book at
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB

then click on each chapter link and SAVE AS HTML to your local drive.
Print and/or read in your browser locally.

Zope 2.3 also has starter tutorial built in.
To access it you must first install it:
Go to the managment inteface and into the pop-up menu list of things to add:
'DTML Document', 'Folder'c etc.
Down the bottom of the list you shoudl see 'tutorial' listed. Seelect and
Click 'ADD
You will be prompted for an 'id'.. This id can be anything, for example
"myZope_tutorial".
Hit ok and you will then have a tutuoiral rady to access on your zope site.

The main general starter resource is:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation

very helpful also:
http://www.itamarst.org/learningzope/index.html

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To

and though not complete checkout:
http://www.zope.org/Members/ZQR
and
lots of great stuff at http://zdp.zope.org/ [also work in progress, but full
of gems]

The bottom of every page at www.zope.org has a link called 'DTML Source'.

To Print cleanly from www.zope.org you should first select 'Printable Page'
which adds '?pp=1' to any url and clears all the blue Zopeframe window
dressing away.

I also find a quick series of sreachers on google invaluable for some zope
homework.

hope this helps & good luck
- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']