[Zope] SQL-based LoginManager and subtransactions

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:03:07 -0600

I haven't been following this discussion, but it sounds like there's
the potential for SQL operations performed by LoginManager to
interfere with other SQL operations such as logging uploaded files, in
the case where the database system does not support nested (sub-)
transactions.  Correct?  If so, would it help to create a separate
database access object, and therefore separate connection (I think),
just for the use of LoginManager?  Or could this cause some deadlock
between the LoginManager and other connections?  I'm quite interested
in potential problems here as I plan to use PostgreSQL with
LoginManager on my sites.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370