[Zope] Problem : ZCatalog (plain-text email this time)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:51:33 +0100 (CET)

Fabien Germain writes:
 > I have a ZCatalog with lots of entries. I added the index "absolute_url" in
 > order to search by the files url.
 >
 > Why ?
 > 'cause I have files in organized folders like that :
 > ........./language_name/country_name/city_name/element
 >
 > I'd like to do a search on "#language_name and #country_name and #city_name"
 > in my catalog, so I use the absolute_url.
 > But the problem is that the search only looks the end of the absolute_url
 > string, that's to say "element" in my exemple.
It is strange that you apparently see it looking at the end
as

   Splitter("abcd/bcde/cdef") = ["abcd/bcde/cdef"]

i.e. it should only look at the complete URL.

Probably, you should not use a textindex for your purpose,
as it does not split at '/'.
You should go for a keyword index. It expects a sequence
of keywords rather than a string.
Thus, you should replace "absolute_url" by "getPhysicalPath".

This will probably work nice, unless you use virtual hosts.

Dieter