[Zope] "migration" issues - 2.2.4 -> 2.30

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:45:47 -0600

From: "Lee" <lee.reilly@ntlworld.com>
> 1- Python methods/scripts. In changing my python methods to python
> scripts will I need to make any drastic changes or will they perform
> just the same if I have the *exact* same content in them?

If you want to minimize your transition effort, go ahead and install
PythonMethods.  They will live happily side-by-side with Python Scripts, and
you can replace them whenever you feel like it.

> 3- I would like to backup what I have done on my home machine and copy
> it to another windows machine at uni (that I can reference when I'm
> building on the Unix version). I don't have access to the Unix machine
> from outside uni so, apart from copying the source into text files, is
> there a way I can *copy* Zope's files and place them on another machine?

I don't follow.  You can copy your Data.fs, which contains your entire Zope
database.  You can copy any Products that you have installed.  You can
export parts of your Zope database as *.zexp files and import them
elsewhere.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am