[Zope] let problem (or just a stupid newbie)

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 04:54:51 -0600

Hans de Wit wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying the following dtml-method (just from the book) in my Zope 2.3.0 Windows NT
> installation
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> <dtml-let person="'Bob'">
> <dtml-var person>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>
> And when i pushed the save changes button, i got this:
>
> "No closing tag, for tag <dtml-let person="'Bob'">, on line 2 of nog"
> (nog is my method). This was the traceback:

Just what it says "no closing tag". Several tags; in, with, let,
etc. require closing tags. Note also that the variable person is
ONLY available in-between the tags.

Try:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-let person="'Bob'">
  <dtml-var person>
</dtml-let person>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

The variable name is not required in the closing. But it sure is
a good habit.

-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://www.FreePM.com Office:
(901) 884-4126
"Liberty has never come from the government." - Woodrow Wilson