[Zope] ANNOUNCE: please have a look at ZDatabaseTool

Olaf Zanger olaf.zanger@soli-con.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:25:00 +0100

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------AD285631F8DD811BE84B09D4

hi andreas,

> > according to what i have seen on the homepage it seems like ZDatabaseTool is the
> > missing link to push zope to a all in one solution.
>
> Thanks for the flowers ;-)
that's for free :-)

> > until now we solved most of our stuff with znolkwizard. this is a great product for
> > what it is designed.
> > it has some shortcomes though.
>
> I never tested ZNolk ... I found it just 2 minutes ago on the product
> list.
> As far as I understand it helps you creating ZSQLMethods and
> ZDTMLDocuments for searching, inserting,
> updating and so on.
>
> Unlike ZNolk ZDatabaseTool's Wizard creates a ZDatabaseWizard object. So
> if you give new features to this class
> all your already existing ZDatabaseWizard instances will take advantage
> of this new behavior.
well, that's missing in znolk :-(

> So far I only decided definiet to give the code back to the community in
> one or the other way.
that's great to hear

> > is it possible to get a tarball for testing?
> Not at this time. It's my first product. There is not only one line to
> comment the code!
probably the source is the documentation?
or finally somebody helps you out with documentation.

> Das kann ich euch wirklich nicht antun. (Sorry ... Altavista is unable
> to translate this line ;-)
ah, you mean you can't do that to us?

anyway, probably you want to tag it as "alpha/beta/non documented" or so -- that
helps novices to keep fingers off :-).

anyway, as you said, you want to let it free so probably early freedom helps to raise
the child quickly :-)

olaf

--
soli-con Engineering Zanger
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Olaf Marc Zanger

begin:vcard
n:Zanger;Olaf Marc
tel;cell:+41-76-572 9782
tel;work:+41-31-332 9782
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.soli-con.com
org:soli-con Engineering Zanger
adr:;;Lorrainestrasse 23;Bern;BE;3013;Switzerland
version:2.1
email;internet:olaf.zanger@soli-con.com
title:Dipl.-Ing.
note;quoted-printable:IT-Consulting=0D=0AEmbedded Systems=0D=0AEnergy Systems=0D=0AOpen Source Solutions=0D=0A
x-mozilla-cpt:;-32176
fn:Olaf Zanger
end:vcard

--------------AD285631F8DD811BE84B09D4--