[Zope] RESPONSE.redirect

Max M maxmcorp@worldonline.dk
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:17:38 +0100

From: ov@zope.org Oliver Vecernik

>I'd like to show a page and after a few seconds I'd like to redirect to
>another page. If I simply add <!--#call "RESPONSE.redirect"--> it is
>done immediately. How can I achieve a delay of a couple of seconds?

First you should send the page you want to show, then you should redirect to
a page with a delay. Probably you should write it in an external Python
method.

That page should then redirect to the target page.

Or you could drop the middle page and build the delay into the target page.
That is stupid though if it is also accesed from elsewhere than the first
page you want shown.

Or you could make a delay in JavaScript and after that do a
self.document.src = "new/url"

Regards Max M

Max M. W. Rasmussen,    Denmark.   New Media Director
private: maxmcorp@worldonline.dk work: maxm@normik.dk
Shipping software is an unnatural act