[Zope] Problem with Cut and Paste

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:43:36 +0100

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 11:13:52AM -0500, Brian Lloyd wrote:

> > I'm trying to modify OFS/dtml/main.dtml and OFS/CopySupport.py
> > in order to create a shortcut button to cut an object and paste it
> > in the parent object in one click, because I think this may
> > save lots of boring clicks, at least for me.
> >
> > When I call the following method from the management interface
> > (OFS/dtml/main.dtml) then I receive this error:
> >
> > "The data in the clipboard could not be read, possibly due to
> > cookie data being truncated by your web browser.
> > Try copying fewer objects."]
>
> Jerome - most Web browsers have a maximum limit to the amount
> of cookie data that they will preserve from a given site
> (usually around 4k as I recall, though this may vary from
> browser to browser). If you have a lot of cookies from this
> site already, your browser may be silently truncating the
> cookie data sent. You could check this by looking at the
> length of the data you get from manage_cutObjects as
> cb_copy_data.

I've done this modification on a fresh 2.3.0-final installation
with no other products installed, on localhost, and no special
content other than a folder and an index_html document
to test my modifications.

However I've tested what you suggested, after deleting my
Netscape 4.75 cookies file
under Linux (2.2.18 kernel), the problem remains.

If I check the cb_copy_data length then it returns:

16765 under Netscape and 14xxx under Lynx

With Lynx I've got the time to see a message saying
"500: Internal Server Error" but then it disappears and
the message about the cookie length appears.

Please could you test my method and see if it works
for you because I sincerely don't know why it doesn't work here ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jerome Alet