[Zope] Problem with Cut and Paste

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:45:06 +0100

Good evening,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 02:24:50PM -0500, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> > I've done this modification on a fresh 2.3.0-final installation
> > with no other products installed, on localhost, and no special
> > content other than a folder and an index_html document
> > to test my modifications.
> >
> > However I've tested what you suggested, after deleting my
> > Netscape 4.75 cookies file
> > under Linux (2.2.18 kernel), the problem remains.
> >
> > If I check the cb_copy_data length then it returns:
> >
> > 16765 under Netscape and 14xxx under Lynx
>
> This is your problem - Netscape allows a maximum of 4k of
> cookie data for a given site (and silently truncates the
> rest).

I'm sorry but AFAIK there's nothing sending cookies to my browser from this
installation. More than that, if I manually cut then paste the same
object with the Cut and Paste buttons in the management interface
it works perfectly, and in this situation the cookie data should be
exactly the same, correct me if I'm wrong.

As a reminder what I've done is the following:

    * modified OFS/dtml/main.dtml to include a new button
    * create a new method bound to this button which first calls
	manage_cutObjects() and then calls manage_PasteObjects() on the
	parent folder with the result of the cut as its parameter

If I try my method on other objects the problem is the same, however manually
doing the Cut and Paste always work fine.

Unfortunately I can't test it on another Zope installation here, that's why I
asked you to try my method if you've got the time.

bye,

Jerome Alet