[Zope] Problem with Cut and Paste

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:15:02 -0500

> I'm sorry but AFAIK there's nothing sending cookies to my browser
> from this
> installation. More than that, if I manually cut then paste the same
> object with the Cut and Paste buttons in the management interface
> it works perfectly, and in this situation the cookie data should be
> exactly the same, correct me if I'm wrong.

Make sure that you are *not* passing the REQUEST to
manage_cutObjects in your custom method. If you pass
the REQUEST, manage_cutObjects will assume that it is
being called from a Web form and it will return html
rather than the copy_data token. It looks like that is
what is happening - when you call manage_pasteObjects
you are probably passing it html rather than the copy
data, which is why it is failing to unencode it.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909