[Zope] Zope memory usage / cache

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:21:33 -0500

Ok.  So you're saying that even though it says it's taking 50MB, much of
that memory is probably available for other applications?  Does this mean
that if another application actually starts to use that memory that the Zope
process should start showing a reduction in use?  How can I (if I can) see
how much is really available?  Also, does the free memory below not
necessarily reflect the amount of memory that is actually available for
applications that may need it?

Mem:        126312     122936       3376      48424       5820      29952
-/+ buffers/cache:      87164      39148
Swap:       530104      21876     508228

Sorry if this is inappropriate for the Zope list.  I have only *noticed*
this behavior with Zope, but that may not mean anything.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com