[Zope] Decision question from a beginner

Christophe Lombart clombart@hotmail.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:04:13 +0100

Tha's clear Zope is really interesting for my web application but I have a
small issue concering java.  My customer is using Java (mainly servlet &
EJB). It is a well know question on your mailing lists but I want to be sure
to understand everything.

So, can you confirm or give some feedbacks on the following questions :

1. Is it possible to add a servlet in my Zope server. By this way, I have
the strong features like security defined in Zope and it is not necessary to
rewrite the code defined in this servlet.

2. If I understand, I can write my business logic in python. From this
python code, I can used a java package (thanks to jython). So I can call an
EJB method from a zope object. Is it correct ?

This kind of integration is much interesting for my customer than  rewrite
all in python. In fact, his idea is using Zope for the content management
and EJB for the business logic. All comments are welcome on that.

Many thanks in advance
Christophe