[Zope] Re: Decision question from a beginner

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:02:42 +0900

--- In zope@y..., "Christophe Lombart" <clombart@h...> wrote:
> Tha's clear Zope is really interesting for my web application but I

have a
> small issue concering java.  My customer is using Java (mainly

servlet &
> EJB). It is a well know question on your mailing lists but I want to

be sure
> to understand everything.
>
> So, can you confirm or give some feedbacks on the following

questions :

> 1. Is it possible to add a servlet in my Zope server. By this way, I

have
> the strong features like security defined in Zope and it is not

necessary to
> rewrite the code defined in this servlet.
>
> 2. If I understand, I can write my business logic in python. From

this
> python code, I can used a java package (thanks to jython). So I can

call an
> EJB method from a zope object. Is it correct ?
>
> This kind of integration is much interesting for my customer than

rewrite
> all in python. In fact, his idea is using Zope for the content

management
> and EJB for the business logic. All comments are welcome on that.
>
> Many thanks in advance
> Christophe

I think there are no servlet plugholes in Zope.

From my basic understanding, I would state that integration of Zope with
Java (ie EJB server) is possible only through CORBA and a Python ORB (ie
OmniORB), which would be quite nice technical work.--

Godefroid Chapelle
BubbleNet
30, rue Victor Horta
B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)