[Zope] Found an fatal error in Zope 2.3.0 :)

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:38:54 +0100

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 12:59:55PM +0100, Radek Hnilica wrote:
> 	Hello all,
>
> While trying to debianize, compile and install new zope 2.3.0 I found
> that file z2.py doesn't contain necesary first line.  I look to previous
> version 2.2.4 and there it is.
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> The source was taken from zope.org. I'v also look at CVS and there it's
> missing to.

The line has been added by the maintainer of the Debian package of Zope,
Gregor Hoffleit. The line was never there in Zope CVS.

Zope binary and source distributions use a shell script called 'start' to
run z2.py with the python interpreter. Read the documentation that comes
with the source distribution.

You can of course always add the line yourself.

--
Martijn Pieters