[Zope] Strange behaviour after server change

Stephan Goeldi stephan.goeldi@datacomm.ch
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:46:00

Our old web server contained Zope 2.2.4 and 8 different Domains.

I installed Zope 2.2.5 on the new server.
Then I made an export of the whole directory, containing the subdirectories
of the virtual domains.

On the new server (2.2.5) I made an import of this zexp. The tree now exists
in the 2.2.5-Version. There were some objects, which showed a ? because some
Products were not installed on the new server. I could delete those objects
without problem.

The ISP made the necessary changes on the DNS (he had to change only the
last part of the IP adress, our new server is in the same network).

When I ping to the domain names, everything is okay, the new IP number is
showing up.

When I call some of the domain names, the Zope-websites only show up, if
Zope on the OLD server is running. I don't understand what went wrong. Some
of the domains work ok, some not.

Another domain which I transferred using FTP works ok too.

I already made a cache flush with no results. I even restarted both servers.

What was going wrong?